Saturday, June 30, 2012

CSA: 3rd Box



The 3rd box from my CSA (from 
LotFotl) was a little sparse, but remember the increadable drought we have been going through. The quality is still amazing. I got to my pickup point,  Sweet Water Organic's Warehouse, and was one of the first to sort through the boxes to see which looked the best (they all looked good). I other things in life have prevented me from showing up a the South Shore Farmers Market  on Saturdays (8-Noon), but next week I know I will be craving some fresh fish from 
Sweet Water Organic.





The  second  box includes the following:



  • Peas
  • Kohlrabi
  • Parsley
  • Swiss Chard
  • Cabbage
  • Garlic Scapes
  • 2 Broccoli
  • Eggs



  • You can check out my CSA price break down here (http://frozengardener.blogspot.com/2012/06/csa-first-box.html). Getting that Farmers Market itch? check this list of Milwaukee farmers market here (http://milwaukee.about.com/od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment