Thursday, October 18, 2012

CSA: 10th Box

The 10th box (Oct 4th, 2012) from my CSA (from LotFotl). I was a little late posting this, but fall is officially here. Cold nights, sun sets earlier, racking leaves, and fried green tomatoes. At Sweet Water Organic's Warehouse things were pretty quite and it was a quite trip to pickup my CSA box that week. While I quickly fried and eat the my huge green tomatoes. I spotted Steph's Snack Shack eyeing up the winter squash....




The box includes the following:
  • Swiss Chard
  • Napa Cabbage
  • Brussel Sprout
  • Green Tomatoes (2)
  • Garlic (2)
  • Potatoes (7)
  • Onions (3)
  • Beets (3)
  • Winter squash (2)
  • Green Bell Peppers (3)
  • Eggs


You can check out my CSA price break down here (Frozen Gardener). Getting that Farmers Market itch? check this list of Milwaukee farmers market here (http://milwaukee.about.com/
od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment