Saturday, June 23, 2012

CSA: The Second Box


I picked up my second CSA box (from LotFotl) on Thursday June 14th 2012. My pickup spot is the  Sweet Water Organic's Warehouse. I still love seeing Sweet Water in action. Still can't believe they have warehouse gardening thing there. I was able to talk to a representative of  Sweet Water for a bit and found they sell fresh fish on site... yum. I also found that they will be showing up a the South Shore Farmers Market  on Saturdays from 8-Noon.





The  second  box includes the following:


  • Lettuce
  • Sugar Snap Peas (Give Peas a Chance)
  • Hakurei Turnips
  • Spinach
  • Kale
  • Garlic Scapes
  • Broccoli
  • Summer Squash
  • Zucchini
  • Eggs



  • You can check out my CSA price break down here (http://frozengardener.blogspot.com/2012/06/csa-first-box.html). Getting that Farmers Market itch? check this list of Milwaukee farmers market here (http://milwaukee.about.com/od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment