Saturday, August 11, 2012

CSA: 6th Box



The 6th box from my CSA (from 
LotFotl). I always see the box as half full, and I am constantly impressed on the amount of food given the 3 weeks of drought we suffered here in Wisconsin. As always I went to my pickup point,  Sweet Water Organic's Warehouse to pick up my CSA box this week. Love cooking with new items. The 
Romanesco might be a challenge too cook with this week, but stay tuned to Steph's Snack Shack as she try's this cooking challenge.




The box includes the following:
  • Swiss Chard
  • Carrots (18)
  • Tomatoes (9)
  • Garlic (3)
  • Potatoes (9)
  • Onions (4)
  • Romanesco (2)
  • Eggs

You can check out my CSA price break down here (Frozen Gardener). Getting that Farmers Market itch? check this list of Milwaukee farmers market here (http://milwaukee.about.com/
od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment