Wednesday, February 06, 2013

CSA: 13th Box


The 13th and last box from my CSA (from LotFotl). I know I am late on this post, I originally got this on Nov 15th 2012. As I remember it... It was getting cold, and I think my time of raking leaves was finally done.  I all I can say the soups I made were awesome.






The box includes the following:

  • Spinach 
  • Potatoes (19)
  • Turnips (4)
  • Beet
  • Winter Squash
  • Cabbage 
  • Lettuce 
  • Carrots (8)
  • Brussel Sprout 
  • Red Onions (3)


You can check out my CSA price break down here (Frozen Gardener). Getting that Farmers Market itch? check this list of Milwaukee farmers market here (http://milwaukee.about.com/
od/sportsrecreationhealth/qt/FarmersMarkets.htm)  Stay tune for my price point comparison, where I total up my bounty and see what it would cost at the store for all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment