Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Final Post

This is my last post for this blog...

In 2015 I moved to Texas. It was one of those moments in life that presented a great opportunity but required I put all of my energy into quickly moving 1003 miles. Sadly the blog had to be put on the back burner.

To those still fighting the snow to grow food and blogging about it, message me. If I think it is a good blog that fits this theme, I'll add it to the bottom of this post for other to read.

Before I walk away from this blog lets go over some some points of what worked and what failed...

What Worked:

  • Hugelkultur raised beds
  • Fixing clay soil by tilling in leaves
  • Raised garden beds (vs ground level)
  • Directing water low spots toward garden beds
What failed for me
  • Weed control using vinegar
  • Cold frame grow boxes
  • In-ground beds
  • container gardening




blogs and ideas left unfinished

No comments:

Post a Comment